• Do not fall in love every time you fall in bed.
.. Learn to detach emotionally
• SEX does not equal commitment.
• Do not revolve your entire life around him/her.
… Addiction is bad for your health!
• Do not cling, act needy or demand.
… Doormats are for your feet, not your heart.
• It’s OK to say NO!
• Stop talking so much. NEVER reveal everything.
• Do not grill them or their friends for information.
• Master the art of LISTENING.
• Treat him/her as you would your best friend.
• Friendship creates long term love and comes before sex.
• FORGET about fixing your partner. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
• Your choice of partner is a reflection of whom you are and who you are not!
• Enjoy the moment first. Live in the present.
… Don’t worry about the ex’s or start naming your future children.
• NEVER read their journal or go through their paperwork.
… If you have no trust, you have no relationship.
• Allow space and freedom between you.
• DO NOT always be available.
• Calling frequently is a turn off and signals insecurity, neediness and control.
• Open your eyes to lies and cheating, OR… close them, justify the bad behavior, and live with the consequences.
• Little or no eye contact? Start walking. They won’t even notice your gone.
• Anyone preoccupied with their physical appearance and dress, usually have very little or nothing to offer from within.
… Look beyond the physical!
• Never compromise your values.
• If you OVER give, you will lose your lover and his respect. DO NOT LOSE YOUR IDENTITY.
• December/May relationships are great. However, seasons change and the May lover will sooner or later, hear the call of Spring.
• If someone REALLY wants to be with you, they will be.
• Sleeping with a married man?! Don’t count on him divorcing anytime soon.
• State your personal rules in the very beginning or expect them to be broken.
• If they ask to be just friends, be just that and look elsewhere for a love partner.
• If someone wants to really be with you, they will. If they keep giving reasons for not calling or say they are extremely busy, GET THE HINT, leave them alone.
• Marriage before thirty is an inevitable celebration for divorce.
• Don’t ever give up your friends for him/her.
• If your partner one day leaves you, be sure you have friends, money, a career and a life of your own which you never gave up.
… If you do not, who do you have to blame but yourself!
• “Hopeless romantics are only hopeless in the eyes of those who don’t believe in romance”